2013年4月14日 星期日

Online Success Teaching From Apprentice Winners Prize Shania Twain

I don't know if you've heard of the TV show The Apprentice. There is a UK version but I prefer the US one. It's the original and best with the business leader Donald Trump seeking out the best candidate.

During the show wanabee business novices vie with each other in teams to win challenges with one becoming Trump's apprentice.

For the challenge winners there's always a fantastic prize showing the contestants what living the high life could be like if they won the programme.

It's one of these prizes that got me thinking about how to become successful in whatever I do and whether there was learning for all of us from that experience.

In week ten of series four teams had to promote country singer Shania Twain's fragrance Stetson. The winning team was Excel led by the show's eventual winner Randall Pinkett.

Their prize was a horseback ride through Central Park and dinner with Shania Twain. During their meal one of the contestants asked what led Twain to her eventual commercial success.

Her reply was simple. 'Just when you think it's not happening and everything is going wrong, that's the time you need to push hardest'.

This is particularly relevant to me. In the past I have often gone into ventures and at a critical moment I have been way laid or had other opportunities.

These are usually jobs with a decent salary and lots of benefits. I end up taking them as an interim measure but it ends up lasting a lot longer meaning I can give the fledgling business my all.

With my latest online venture I've decided to do the opposite and not get deflected from what I'm trying to achieve.

That's the same advice I want to give you.

BE CLEAR AND STAY FOCUSSED

When you're on a journey or trying to start something new you need total focus and clarity. Know what you want and go for it! There will always be obstacles and hurdles put in your way. You need to find a way round, over or through it.

IT'S LONELY BUT STICK WITH IT

Being in business on your own can be a lonely and frustrating affair. When things go wrong or you're not getting the desired result there is the temptation to go for the safety of a regular job. Don't do it. Stick with what you really want.

NOTHING DOING? PUSH HARDER!

When things look like they're not happening then like Shania Twain it's the time to make that big push. Think about what you could do to make your business work. What extra steps could you take to achieve success?

SUCCESS IS CLOSE

The big learning here is that you might be inches away from success but if you stop short you'll never know. Think of it as searching in a mine for gold or drilling for oil. That last inch is the difference between success or failure.

SMASH THROUGH THE WALL

If you hit a brick wall or your strategy is failing do something different. Take some massive action. Do something that will have a big impact on your business.

Donald Trump is a big believer in this. After all he coined the phrase 'As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big'.

Don't let your online business hit the buffers or be derailed. If you want to succeed take appropriate action. As Donald Trump says 'what separates winners from losers is how each person reacts to each twist of fate'.

Make sure your reaction to any given problem ensures your become an online success.

If you're interested in developing an online business go to http://www.youronlinemarketingfuture.com/

My aim is to help you succeed in starting a longterm sustainable and profitable online business.

If you enjoyed this article or if it helped you then please leave your comments.


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言